Wednesday 8 July 2015

Day 26. Project Laureate - Family Sketchbook

Chris Riddell's 5 Point Plan
The Inspiration for our Blog

Good days and bad days


We all have ups and downs, with everyday life and also creativity. Isn't it funny how the daily grind can leave you feeling flat, creatively?

I was excited about sketching some of the people I care about most from a photograph yesterday, and somehow I managed to catch a spark. Today, no matter how hard I tried, my pencil felt alien and wouldn't draw what I could see before me. I couldn't even see the shapes I needed. Nothing really made sense. 



Good days and bad days. It didn't work today but there's always tomorrow. 

When this happens to the kids, it's too easy to dismiss as being precocious or tired or something child related. But , you know, what makes them any different from me? Who says a learning curve is easier to handle at one age or another.

So, next time the kids get frustrated that their sketch, painting or model isn't going the way they want - I'll have a better understanding. I'm pushing myself to do something out of my comfort zone - they do that every single day. 

Day 26 #ProjectSketchbook



Love Oliver's doodling. It's like an impression of his brain on the page. Excellent.












Freya is really challenging herself with drawing still life objects rather than drawing from books. Good job!









William was having a day like mine - he felt like his planes weren't working, so he did a second sketch. I think these are great, he's really trying to get the dimensions and different views. Not easy - but done well.














William's second sketch - his fun alien - love it!












Hubster and William had the same plan today, but the other way around. He started off with the alien and then did a plane. 











Hubster's comedy alien - love it!









Hmm, I can only apologize to everyone on the right hand side of the picture. As William said - who is the girl at the bottom (not a girl) and why have you drawn the Terminator (not the Terminator)?
Hey ho, always tomorrow. Feel much better about my drawings on the left now ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment